Dr. Hughes was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma and has been practicing dermatology in the northwest Houston area since 1977. He graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in 1969. He then attended the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, and then completed his internship at the University of Texas at Houston in 1974, and a three year dermatology residency at Baylor College of Medicine in 1977.
Dr. Hughes has been board certified in the American Board of Dermatology since 1977. He is a member of the Texas Medical Association, Harris County Medical Society, Houston Dermatological Society, and the American Academy of Dermatology. He served as vice president of the Houston Dermatological Society in 1995 and then president of the Houston Dermatological Society in 1996. Dr. Hughes has been a clinical assistant professor of dermatology in the Department of Dermatology at Baylor College of Medicine since 1977.
- University of Texas at Austin 1965 – 1969
- UTMB at Galveston 1969 – 1973
- UT Houston (Internship) 1973 – 1974
- Baylor College of Medicine 1974 – 1977
- Board Certified American Board of Dermatology 1977
- Private Practice of Dermatology 1977 – Present
- Member AMA, TMA, Harris County Medical Society, Houston Dermatological Society, American Academy of Dermatology, Past Vice President of Houston Dermatological Society 1995, Past President of Houston Dermatological Society 1996, Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology – Baylor College of Medicine
For more information please visit Dr. Hughes’ site.