Varicose veins can significantly affect the appearance of the legs, and may also cause discomfort or other problems over time.
Patients should choose the right dermatology practice that specializes in vein and vascular treatments. Texas Surgical Dermatology offers advanced treatments in phlebology (venous disease treatment) in the Greater Houston area.
Board certified dermatologists Dr. Tri H. Nguyen and Dr. George G. Hughes III provides varicose vein treatments to patients in Houston, Katy, Spring, The Woodlands, Texas, and surrounding communities.
About Dr. Nugyen
The perspicacious Dr. Tri H Nguyen has received a board certification in dermatology. He has fellowship trained in Mohs surgery as well. Dr. Nguyen is recognized all over the country for his expertise in the treatment of veins and venous diseases (Phlebology).
On top of this, he was elected as a Fellow of the American College of Phlebology (FACPh). This is a prestigious recognition of excellence with only 60 recipients in the US, as of 2016.
Dr. Nguyen is a professional, caring, and highly committed physician who is dedicated to providing his patients with the best in safety, quality, and results. He has been a faculty member at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) as well as a Professor of Dermatology and Head and Neck Surgery at the MD Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Nguyen possesses vast training and in-depth experience.
Academic Qualifications of Dr. Nguyen
- 1986-1992: College and Medical School BA-MD Program, University of Missouri-Kansas City (Kansas City, MO).
- 1992-1993: Research- Dermatology Research Fellowship, Department of Dermatology, Emory University (Atlanta, GA).
- 1993-1994: Internship- Internal Medicine, University of California-Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA).
- 1994-1997: Residency- Dermatology, Harvard Medical School. Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA).
- 1997-1998: Surgical Fellowship, Mohs and Dermatologic Surgery, Mayo Clinic Foundation (Rochester, MN).
About Dr. George G. Hughes III
The cordial Dr. Hughes graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in 1969. After that, he trained at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. Subsequently, he underwent an internship at the University of Texas at Houston in 1974 and dermatology residency training of three years at Baylor College of Medicine in 1977.
The patient Dr. Hughes received board certification from the American Board of Dermatology in 1977 and has been a board certified physician since that time. He is affiliated to the Harris County Medical Society, Texas Medical Association, and the Houston Dermatological Society.
In 1995, he served as the vice president of the Houston Dermatological Society and subsequently has been president of the Houston Dermatological Society since 1996. In addition, Dr. Hughes has served as a clinical assistant professor of dermatology in the Department of Dermatology at Baylor College of Medicine starting in 1977.
Academic Qualifications of Dr. Hughes
- University of Texas at Austin 1965 – 1969
- BA Degree
- UTMB at Galveston 1969 – 1973
- MD Degree
- UT Houston (Internship) 1973 – 1974
- Baylor College of Medicine 1974 – 1977
- Dermatology Residency
- Board Certified American Board of Dermatology 1977
- Private Practice of Dermatology 1977 – Present
Dr. Hughes is a member of the following:
- Harris County Medical Society
- Houston Dermatological Society
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Past Vice President of Houston Dermatological Society 1995
- Past President of Houston Dermatological Society 1996
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology – Baylor College of Medicine
Considerate board certified dermatologists Dr. Nguyen and Dr. Hughes receive patients from Houston, Katy, Spring, The Woodlands, Texas, and nearby areas across the horizon for varicose veins treatment.
Board certified dermatologists Dr. Nguyen and Dr. Hughes receive patients from Houston, Katy, Spring, The Woodlands, Texas, and nearby areas for skin care procedures.For more information on procedures and treatments offered at Texas Surgical Dermatology PA please call 832.663.6566 or click here to contact our dermatologists. Helping patients in Houston, The Woodlands, Springs, Katy and other surrounding areas of Texas.